A few tricks
- Almonds: To remove the skin of almonds easily, soak them in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
- Ants: Putting 3-4 cloves in the sugar container will keep the ants at bay.
- Biscuits: If you keep a piece of blotting paper at the bottom of the container, it will keep biscuits fresh for a longer time.
- Butter: Avoid the use of butter. If it is essential to use, use a butter containing low saturated fat or with plant stanols (which avoid absorption of cholesterol by our body) or similar substitutes.
- Apples: Apply some lemon juice on the cut surface of the apple to avoid browning. They will look fresh for a longer time.
- Banana: Apply mashed banana over a burn on your body to have a cooling effect.
- Bee and Scorpion Sting Relief: Apply a mixutre of 1 pinch of chewing tobacco and 1 drop of water. Mix and apply directly and immediately to the sting; cover with bandaid to hold in place. Pain will go away in just a few short mintues. [submitted by Pam R, firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Bitter Gourd (Karela): Slit Karelas at the middle and apply a mixture of salt, wheat flour and curd all round. Keep aside for 1/2 an hour and then cook.